I completed medical school training at Saba University in the Caribbean and United States then returned home to Winnipeg to the University of Manitoba to complete an Internal Medicine Residency as well as Cardiology Residency.
Below is a link to the Manitoba Clinic Website
I have an interest in Coronary Artery Disease, Post-MI care, Valvular Heart Disease, Syncope/Arrhythmias, Sports Cardiology and Risk Factor Management (Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Diet/Exercise). I provide ongoing assessment, and follow up in the community, of patients recently admitted to the St Boniface Hospital Cardiac Sciences Clinical Teaching Units.
Education / Training
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
- Cardiology Residency
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Dutch Caribbean
- Doctor of Medicine – Degree Awarded with Honours
- University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, MB
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry – Degree Awarded with Distinction
- European Society of Cardiology
- Cardiologist of Tomorrow – Featured Cardiologist under 35
- University of Manitoba
- Best Published Paper at Internal Medicine Research Day
- Cardiac Sciences Research Symposium
- Best Poster Presentation – Clinical
- Canadian Cardiovascular Congress
- Featured Clinical Research Winner
- University of Manitoba
- Emy Ozamoto Resident Research Award – Top Quality Improvement Research Project
Grace Hospital Patient Research Grant
Scott-Herridge, J; McIntyre, WF; Koley, L; Hiebert, B; Ducas, J; Garber, P. Does a Heart Team Actually Improve Clinical Outcomes? Manuscript in writing.
Scott-Herridge, J; Hellmuth Muller Moran, R; Khadem, A; Cordova, F. An Unusual Case and Approach to Pneumopericardium. ESC 365 Clinical Cases. September 2019. https://esc365.escardio.org/vgn-ext-templating/Congress/ESC-CONGRESS-2019/A-bag-of-trouble-lessons-in-myocardial-and-pericardial-disease/200347-an-unusual-case-and-approach-to-pneumopericardium.
Scott-Herridge, J; Hellmuth Muller Moran, R; Khadem, A; Cordova, F. An Unusual Case and Approach to Pneumopericardium. ESC Congress News. September 2, 2019.
Scott-Herridge, J; Seifer, CM; Steigerwald, R; Drobot, G; McIntyre, WF. A Multi-Hospital Analysis of Patterns of Anticoagulation for Patients with Actionable Atrial Fibrillation Who Attend the Emergency Department. Acute Card Care. 2017 Nov 29;1-8.
Scott-Herridge, J; Bhagirath, K; Jassal, D. Intrapulmonary Shunting confirmed by TEE in the Diagnosis of Hepatopulmonary Cirrhosis. Case Rep Cardiol. 2016; 2016: 9029606.