I was born and raised in southern Ontario and attended the University of Western Ontario for my undergraduate education. I came to Winnipeg in 2013 to participate in the Winnipeg Critical Care Nursing Education Program and never left.
Heart failure, congenital heart disease, structural interventional procedures, cardiac critical care, patient engagement
Education / Training
- Doctor of Philosophy, Applied Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, expected graduation 2025
- Master of Nursing – University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, 2020
- Critical Care certificate WCCNEP, Winnipeg, MB, 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing University of Western Ontario, London, ON 2011
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences University of Western Ontario, London, ON 2008
Post-Intensive Care Syndrome
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship, 2021-2025
- Association of Registered Nurses Medal of Excellence, 2020
- Graduate Student Poster Award, Helen Glass Research Symposium 2020
- Canadian Council of Cardiovascular Nurses Student Research Award, 2020
- Martha Donovan Women’s Leadership Award, 2020
- Margaret Elder Hart Graduate Study Award, 2019-2020
- Foundation of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Inc. Award 2019-2020
- Canadian Nurses Foundation Helen Glass Manitoba Nurses Award, 2019
- University of Manitoba Emerging Leader award, 2019
- Dean of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences Graduate Student Achievement Prize, 2018
- Graduate Nursing Student Association Scholarship, fall 2018
- Deeper Dives into Qualitative Research Award recipient, 2018
- Research Manitoba Master’s Studentship, 2018
- Irene Nordwich Graduate Scholarship, 2018
- 2022 Reseau Compassion Network Exploration Grant, $7400. Title: Engaging Patients and Caregivers in Identifying Needs to Support Transitions from Pediatric to Adult Congenital Heart Disease Care. Principle applicants: Hyde, E. H., Schultz, A. S. H., & Chudyk, A. M. Co-applicants: Frechette, C., St Goddard-Frechette, J., Buttar, K., Buttar, R., Ducas, R., Barker, D., Soni, R., & Bekkering, H.
- 2022 Manitoba Center for Nursing and Health Research Collaborative Grant, $7500. Title: Engaging Patients and Caregivers in Identifying Needs to Support Transitions from Pediatric to Adult Congenital Heart Disease Care. Principle applicants: Hyde, E. H., Schultz, A. S. H., & Chudyk, A. M. Co-applicants: Frechette, C., St Goddard-Frechette, J., Buttar, K., Buttar, R., Ducas, R., Barker, D., Soni, R., & Bekkering, H
- 2020 Nursing Research Endowment Fund Award, St. Boniface Hospital, $1000. Title: Validation of the Emory Risk Score in the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Population: A Canadian Perspective. Principle applicant. Co-applicants: Thronsdon, K., Poettcker, D., Kass, M., Seifer, C, Yamashita, M., Shah, A., Toleva, O., Samson, D., Maric, A., Arora, R., & Love, R.
- 2019 College of Nursing Endowment Fund Graduate Student Research Grant, $3000. Title: Health care professionals’ perspectives of factors shaping sexual health education for adults with acute coronary syndrome with cardiac rehabilitation programs: An interpretive description. Co-applicants: Martin, D. E., Rieger, K., & Malone, R.